Radish Microgreens English Tea Sandwiches
This recipe is a refreshingly creamy and earthy sandwich that can be paired with any beverage for a nice afternoon pick-me-up. Serve at a party for a refreshing-yet-filling finger food, or treat yourself at lunchtime with the earthy, cool flavors in this sandwich.Optionally, cool these sandwiches 30 minutes before serving. For a little extra excitement, cut them into fun shapes with a cookie cutter.
- 1/2 whole cucumber raw
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 tbsp dill finely chopped
- 4 tbsp radish microgreens finely chopped
- 1/3 tsp lemon zest
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 slices potato bread
- Chop the dill and radish microgreens finely.
- Zest the lemon, avoiding the white of the rind.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, lemon zest, dill and radish microgreens until it is thoroughly combined.
- Thinly slice the cucumber. It should be no thicker than ¼ inch.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto one side of all six slices of the potato bread.
- Place the cucumbers evenly on top of the cream cheese on three slices, making sure not to overlap them too much.
- Place one slice of potato bread over the top of the cucumbers, cream cheese-side down.
- Using a knife, remove the crusts of the potato bread and slice into halves, either diagonally or vertically. Press sandwiches gently while cutting.
- Optionally, cool for 30 minutes before serving